hy read this handbook?
This handbook is designed for secondary school leaders who want their students to be much more deeply engaged in learning, their staff to be more engaging practitioners, and for their schools to be rich in engaging learning opportunities for the whole community. It is for school leaders who are prepared to radically redesign part or all of their school to achieve these ends. Finally, it is for school leaders who want to learn from the Learning Futures programme and create an Engaging School. This handbook acts as an introduction to the ideas, processes, and models of Engaging Schools. It has not been possible to include all the resources, materials, tools and examples that could be used to create an Engaging School. Many of these are listed at the end of the handbook and can be accessed for free at www.learningfutures.org
This handbook is designed to help school leaders do a number of things:
• make the initial case for change to their school community
• articulate a vision for their school as an Engaging School and reflect on areas of strength and areas for development
• identify the necessary changes to the organisational conditions in school (the structures, norms, rules and management of time)
• plan a change process that secures the buy-in of the school community
• choose the implementation model for an Engaging School that best fits the development trajectory of their school:
– the school within a school
– part of the curriculum
– one day per week
– week-long intensives
– the whole school
Finally, the handbook will enable school leaders to access a range of resources and materials to support them to become an Engaging School and join the Engaging Schools community.
To read the whole handbook...
First saw at: