7 Μαρ 2010
The online course Basics of Adult Education!
This site is primarily designed to provide a broad overview of issues in Adult Literacy for instructors with limited formal training or experience in teaching adult literacy learners. Some in-depth coverage of topics is also provided for more experienced instructors...
Professional development materials for instructors and volunteers who work in adult literacy education communities are also available. This course is free and available to anyone wishing to improve their support of adult literacy learning.
The course is divided into five sections represented by the five colored tabs above. While you can start with any Module, everyone is encouraged to use the Pre-Course Survey to review the content offered in each Module and to plan a course of study that meets your immediate needs or interest.
Web tools such as pop-up windows, java, and pdf files are used in this course. Check the Help page for assistance in troubleshooting any problems.
Each Module contains:
* Worksheets to plan and guide your study
* Self-assessments to customize your learning
* Research and information on a variety of Adult Literacy Education topics
* Quotes, real-life examples, and tips from adult education practitioners
* Links and resources for further study
* A glossary of key terms
Online Course Features:
* Flexible: Each module, and each topic within a module, is designed as a stand alone lesson. You may pick and choose the topics you wish to study, and study them in any order. Suggested steps for customizing this course
* No Deadlines: The estimated completion time for a single course module is 2 hours. Your actual completion time will vary, depending on the topics you choose and your learning pace.
* Self-Paced: It is not recommended that you try to complete this entire course, or even a module, in one sitting. You may stop at any time, return to wherever you left off, and continue your study. Suggested steps for completing course modules
* Simple, Easy-to-Use Format: Web pages are designed to be easily accessed by most computer systems. If you encounter any technical difficulties, try our troubleshooting assistance. This course is WC3 accessibility compliant to meet the needs of practitioners with disabilities.